JUVÉDERM® XC injectable gel is for injection into the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds (such as nasolabial folds). IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION Do not use if you have a history of severe allergies/allergic reactions, or are allergic to lidocaine or the Gram-positive bacterial proteins used to make these products. The safety of use…
Lisa’s story with JUVÉDERM® XC ImagineBody Scottsdale AZ
Lisa reveals what motivated her to talk to her doctor about JUVÉDERM® XC.
JUVÉDERM® ULTRA XC IMPORTANT INFORMATION
JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC injectable gel is for injection into the mid-to-deep dermis for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds.
JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC injectable gel is for injection into and around the lips for lip augmentation in adults over 21.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
Are there any reasons why I should not receive JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC?
Do not use if you have a history of multiple severe allergies or severe allergic reactions (anaphylaxis), or if you are allergic to lidocaine or the Gram-positive bacterial proteins used in this product.
What precautions should my doctor advise me about?
• Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. The safety for use during pregnancy or in women who are breastfeeding has not been studied
• The safety for use in patients under 18 years has not been studied
• The safety and effectiveness of JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC for treatment in areas other than facial wrinkles and folds, or in the lips and perioral area for lip augmentation, have not been established in clinical studies
• Tell your doctor if you have a history of excessive scarring (eg, hypertrophic scarring and keloid formations) or pigmentation disorders, as use of this product may result in additional scars or changes in pigmentation
• Tell your doctor if you are planning other laser treatments or a chemical peel, as there is a possible risk of inflammation at the treatment site if these procedures are performed after treatment
• Patients who experience skin injury near the site of injection with this product may be at a higher risk for side effects
• Tell your doctor if you are on immunosuppressive therapy used to decrease the body’s immune response, as use of this product may result in an increased risk of infection
• Tell your doctor if you are using medications that can prolong bleeding, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or other blood thinners, as this may result in increased bruising or bleeding at the injection site
• Minimize strenuous exercise, exposure to extensive sun or heat, and alcoholic beverages within the first 24 hours following treatment
What are possible side effects?
The most common side effects with JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC include tenderness, swelling, firmness, lumps/bumps, bruising, pain, redness, discoloration, and itching. Most side effects are mild or moderate and last 14 days or less.
One of the risks with using this product is unintentional injection into a blood vessel, and while rare, the complications can be serious and may be permanent. These complications, which have been reported for facial injections, can include vision abnormalities, blindness, stroke, temporary scabs, or permanent scarring.
As with all skin injection procedures, there is a risk of infection.
To report a side effect with JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC, please call Allergan Product Surveillance at 1-800- 433-8871.
For more information, please see Juvederm.com.
Available by prescription only.
Visit our section Juvederm & Restylane in Scottsdale
Imagine Body – Juvederm´s related info
Description for this post: Lisa’s story with JUVÉDERM® XC ImagineBody Scottsdale AZ, uploaded to Imagine Body Sculpting Centers at Scottsdale AZ, Category: Juvederm, Tags: Juvederm, JU
Tags: Juvederm, JUVÉDERM® XC