JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC injectable gel is for deep injection in the cheek area to correct age-related volume loss in adults over 21. IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION Do not use if you have a history of severe allergies/allergic reactions, or are allergic to lidocaine or gram-positive bacterial proteins used to make these products. The safety of use while pregnant or breastfeeding has…
How Long Does Juvèderm Work?
How long does Juvederm last? By ImagineBody – Scottsdale AZ. A dermal filler is a gel-like substance that is injected beneath the skin to help fill fine lines and wrinkles, restore lost volume and smoother skin. Dermal Fillers have become increasingly popular because of their safety and effectiveness.
Because these fillers are absorbed in the body, their effects are temporary, usually lasting from 4 months to a year. Here at Imagine Body Sculpting in Scottsdale, Arizona, we recommend using Juvèderm as it is one of the top fillers on the market.
What is Juvèderm?
Juvèderm is a hyaluronic acid gel that is used to get a youthful, rejuvenated appearance. The nice thing about hyaluronic acid is that it is already found in the body, so many people don’t react negatively to it.
It is FDA cleared and there is no downtime when using Juvèderm. This non-surgical procedure is a great alternative to a facelift, and gives fast results and a naturally restored look.
What issues does Juvèderm work for?
Juvèderm has shown improvements in the following:
- Fill in lines/wrinkles around mouth and nose
- Reducing frown lines
- Reducing lines on upper lip
- Adding volume and definition to the lips
- Restoring volume in the cheeks
- Concealing wrinkles and dark circles under the eyes
- Filling out the hands to decrease vein appearance
How long will Juvèderm last?
Many factors affect how long Juvèderm will last, such as where you are injecting it, the technique used and the type of skin you have. As with any cosmetic procedure, results vary.
One factor is the type of product used. Juvèderm comes in several different formulations for use in each part of the face. So depending on what your physician recommends, results can last anywhere from one year to 18 months for Juvèderm products.
- JUVÉDERM Ultra XC– Can be used to smooth moderate wrinkles and folds around the mouth and nose, as well as a lip injection for adding fullness and volume.
- JUVÉDERM Volbella XC– is used to soften vertical lines above the mouth (AKA smoker’s lines.) It is the preferred treatment for under eye hollows/ tear trough deformity and makes a great lip injection for adding subtle volume.
- JUVÉDERM Voluma XC is used to add volume to the cheek and mid-face area. It gives cheeks a subtle lift and helps correct age-related volume loss. Results can last up to two years.*
The next factor that determines how long your Juvèderm filler will last is based on each person’s natural makeup. Our metabolisms are all different, so our bodies break things down at different rates. Each person will have their own experience with a filler like Juvèderm.
One benefit of using Juvèderm is that you can have another filler injection when you notice the effects of the previous one is wearing off.
It is always important to consult with an experienced practitioner before any procedure, like the team at Imagine Body. Your doctor should discuss how long you can expect individual results.